- SMART CAMP
The fields of training:
Workshops focused on training on specific aspects.
Languages: Japanese, German, English.
The cycle of master classes is divided into 4 modules. At the end of each session the certificate is issued.
Module 1. Students and teachers
1. Interrelation of foreign culture and language:
Why are language and culture interrelated?
How does the knowledge of the culture affects the effectiveness of the education?
How can the cultural and historical aspects be used at the lessons?
2. Foreign Language for adults and children:
Key aspects of teaching adults and children.
Aspects of language education at different ages.
Building an effective lesson, depending on the age of students.
Problems of adult education.
3. Teaching styles.
How to choose the style of teaching?
The style of teaching and the perception of students.
Which style suits students with different perceptions?
4. The context of learning and teaching of foreign languages on the example of the Japanese and English.
5. Varieties of language – aspects of teaching.
6. Multilingualism and the role of "first" language. Features of the application in practice.
Module 2 - Foreign Language: analysis and understanding
1. Basic concepts and terminology used to describe the form and meaning in language and language use.
2. Grammar - grammar basics: rules and conventions related to words, sentences, paragraphs, and text.
3. Vocabulary: word formation, meaning and use in the context. Vocabulary - teaching methodology.
4. The practical significance of the similarities and differences between the languages. Application in practice.
5. Additional materials in the lesson preparation of the teacher and the students.
6. Basic Strategies and approaches to the formation of language proficiency of students.
Module 3 - Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
1.1 Basic concepts and terminology used to describe the reading skills
1.2 Objectives of Reading
1.3 Understanding the meaning of text
1.4 Potential barriers to the reading
2. Listening comprehension.
2.1 Basic concepts and terminology used to describe the listening skills
2.2 Objectives of listening
2.3 Features of listening texts
2.4 Potential barriers
3.1 Basic concepts and terminology used to describe the conversation
3.2 Features of spoken language
3.3 Language function
3.4 Management of paralinguistic features
3.5 Phonemic system
4.1 Basic concepts and terminology used to describe the writing skills
4.2 Additional skills and characteristics of writing
4.3 Stages of writing teaching
4.4 Early Literacy
4.5 Features of spelling and punctuation
5. Key strategies and approaches to the development of skills of perception.
Module 4: Planning and resources for different areas of study.
1. Building a strategy for effective teaching children and adults, language learners, depending on the training objectives.
2. Lesson planning for effective training of adults and children.
3. The assessment of the students: criteria, methods, purpose.
4. Selection, and evaluation of the materials and resource planning (including computer and other technologies).
Module 5 - Developing teaching skills and professionalism.
1. Education for the teacher. The strategy of becoming an effective teacher.
2. Homework for the teacher - an effective organization, time management.
3. The use of teaching materials and resources. The choice, adaptation and application.
4. Development of practical skills to carry out activities at different levels.
5. Business for the teacher. Opportunities and prospects.